So, for those of you that wanted to know, here are the rules we have to abide by for our live show...
The Live365 DMCA streaming rules:
1. No "interactive service." Basically no requests played at specified times
2. In any three-hour period:
* not more than three songs from the same recording
* not more than two songs in a row from the same recording
* not more than four songs from the same artist
* not more than three songs in a row from the same artist
* not more than four songs from the same anthology/box set
* not more than three songs in a row from the same anthology/box set.
3. Continuous looped programs may not be less than three hours long.
4. Rebroadcasts of programs may be performed at scheduled times as follows:
* Programs of less than one-hour: no more than three times in a two-week period
* Programs longer than one hour: no more than four times in any two-week period.
5. No advance notice of when particular songs will be played
6. No unauthorized recordings
Our show usually only involves 1 real song, 1 harikaraoke and a couple of jingles / theme tunes within about 1hr 20 mins.
My main complaint is there's no leeway for self produced content. This week we were delisted because of our jingles. Last week it was 4 tracks by a local band (unsigned) who were after a plug.
It drives me mad...so much so, I'm seriously thinking of not renewing when our current sponsors money has run out. Live365 needs to stand up to the dinosaurs in the record labels and tell them to get stuffed. I just want to be able to switch on the mics and get talking without worrying about if my audience is going to get booted.
Anyone out there got the same problems, or maybe even a solution?
(have I missed something?)
We'd like to hear from you.